AMPEAK 2018 - VIEW FULL PROGRAM, ABSTRACTS AND SPEAKER INFORMATION HERE
Sunday 7 April 2019
Welcome Reception, Little Creatures Brewery
Monday 8 April 2019
Tuesday 9 April 2019
Awards Dinner, Fremantle Prison
Wednesday 10 April 2019
AMPEAK19 will consider common asset management challenges and share solutions that may be from academia, from a maintenance practitioners experiences, an asset management journey or from a specific industry sector.
AMPEAK19 is the meeting place for asset managers and a place to find lively discussion on emerging topics of interest in asset management, sharing of new ideas and knowledge, finding of practical solutions to take and use in your workplace and will consider some of these common asset management themes.
Abstracts of 150-200 words are to be submitted by Friday 23rd November through the online portal.
A video-pitch of no more than 2 minutes can accompany the abstract with video link uploaded through the online portal.
Abstracts and video-pitch to be submitted online using the appropriate template and placed into one of the 4 categories described in Paper Submissions
Friday 23 November 2018 - Close of Call for papers
Friday 7 December 2018 - Authors notified of submission outcome
Friday 1 March 2019 - Papers due
Papers may be submitted into one of the below categories:
Category 1 – Full Peer Reviewed Technical Paper
This option is for authors who wish to submit a full paper for technical peer review by two subject matter experts and publication. The final submitted paper must adhere to strict criteria and, if accepted, will be made available in the Asset Management Body of Knowledge (AMBoK)
Several additional options exist for publishing and citation of research papers submitted for AMPEAK19:
• Selected research and thought-leading papers will be considered for recommendation to be published by Springer ebook in the “Engineering Asset Management Reviews” under the auspices of the International Society for Engineering Asset Management after the event titled “AMPEAK19 Conference Papers”. The Springer ebook series is indexed in Scopus. https://www.springer.com/series/8663
• Selected research papers will also be considered for recommendation to be published by Taylor and Francis in the Engineers Australia Journal “Australian Journal of Multi-Disciplinary Engineering” https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tmul20&page=instructions
Category 2 – Non-Peer Reviewed Paper
This option is for authors who wish to submit a paper for presentation at the conference, but not be subject to the same review process as category 1. These papers will be reviewed for quality and suitability but will not be subject to the same criteria as category 1. Papers promoting products and services will strictly not be accepted. Papers must address the conference themes and may include case studies, new technologies or practical applications.
These papers will be available on the conference app and website only.
Category 3 – Poster
This option is for authors who do not wish to do an oral presentation or have a paper that is best presented as a poster (i.e. large amounts of technical data, tables). Posters will be available to view in the exhibition area throughout the conference. Posters will not be subject to full peer review, but will be checked for quality and suitability.
Category 4 – Asset Management Thought - Leadership Session
This option is for authors and facilitators who would like to propose an emerging topic of interest in asset management. Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants and that can lead to high impact and transformative research are highly encouraged.
Please provide details of
• the topic to be investigated and discussed
• the top 3 objectives of the session and key learnings for participants
• how the session is to be structure (eg panel session, symposium, workshop, tutorial, world café, round-table),
• length (45mins, 60mins or 90mins),
• who is to be involved in speaking on the panel or facilitating the session and their credentials
• how the session is to be captured and communicated
Papers promoting products and services will strictly not be accepted.
Author Attendance at the Conference
It is AM Council policy that the author must present their submission in person. If this is not possible, a substitute should be nominated and the conference organiser must be notified as soon as possible. Presentations will not be permitted unless the has been completed and met the requirements of the paper review process and presenters/authors have registered for the conference.
If a it cannot be presented at the conference it will be withdrawn from the conference program.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we are unable to waive registration fees for authors, however a substantial discount is available to presenting authors.
A range of opportunities are available for organisations wishing to sponsor or exhibit at AMPEAK.
If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring at AMPEAK 2019, please complete the form below and information will be provided to you as soon as it becomes available.
Ticket to welcome reception
Three days of conference sessions
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each conference day
Access to trade exhibition
Networking drinks Monday
Farewell cocktail reception Wednesday
Conference satchel and nametag
Ticket to Annual Dinner and Awards Night
Member Early Bird $1,870.00 / Standard $2,090.00
Non Member Early Bird $2,200.00 / $2,420.00
A limited number of day registrations are available $880.00 per day
Registration open soon.
All figures are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
Registration and accommodation cancellations must be in writing to the conference organiser.
Conference Registration cancellations received up to 30 days prior to the conference receive a full refund of the registration cost less $50.00 handling fee. Conference registration cancellations received between 29 and 14 days prior to the conference will receive a 50% refund of the registration cost. No refund will be given for cancellations received within 14 days of the conference and full payment will be required.
Accommodation cancellations will be subject to a minimum fee of one nights accommodation. Cancellations received within 30 days of arrival will require full payment, no refunds provided.
Registrations for the below courses can be made via the main registration form (when available)
Workshop 1 - Thursday 11 April
Asset Management Fundamentals Course - A stepping stone to individual Certification in Asset Management
This course provides a thorough overview of both the technical and financial fundamentals of asset management. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Define asset management and its role in business
• Identify the principles that underpin asset management
• Identify available asset management tools and techniques that
• are applicable within your organisational context
• Identify opportunities for you to improve both your personal
• and organisational asset management capability
Member $880 Non Member $1,045
Workshop 2 - Friday 12 April
How to Develop a Strategic Asset Management Plan
This seminar provides a thorough overview of how to develop a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) – an essential part of any asset management system. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the needed content of your SAMP
• Apply the requirements of ISO 55000 for the development of a SAMP
• Identify the requirements for Asset Management Objectives
• Identify the requirements for an Asset Management System
• Identify the requirements for the development of Asset Management Plans (AMPs)
• See how these may be applied in practice
• Understand how to apply the key ISO55000 requirement to develop a “desired balance between cost, risk and performance” within the SAMP
• Understand how to engage non asset management people in the asset management journey defined in the SAMP
Member $880 Non Member $1,045
The welcome reception will be held from 6.30pm to 9.30pm at Little Creatures Brewery, 40 Mew Rd Fremantle.
The waterfront Deck at Little Creatures features one of the most stunning backdrops available. The first event of AMPEAK 2019 will welcome guests with plenty of delicious canapes, a wide bar selection and roving entertainment. The brewery is a short walk from the Rydges Esplanade.
Join industry colleagues from 5.30pm for networking drinks in the exhibition area.
The gala dinner and awards night will be held on Tuesday evening at the historical Fremantle Prison.
Final drinks and canapes will be served after the final session on Wednesday.
All conference enquiries:
Tel: 03 9363 6111
All Asset Management Council enquiries:
Tel : 03 9819 2515
If you have any special requirements, please speak to the staff at the registration desk so that arrangements can be made on your behalf.
The Conference Manager and Asset Management Council will not accept liability for the damages of any nature sustained by participants or their accompanying persons for loss or damage to their personal property as a result of the conference, exhibition or related events.
Information gathered from registration and other conference forms will be used to administer the conference, including accommodation, catering and sponsorship. Data obtained will remain the property of Asset Management Council and The Conference Manager.
Intention to photograph and record
Attendees are advised that photographs and recordings of presentations may be taken during the conference and reproduced for promotional purposes.