April 2018, Wrest Point Hobart
AMPEAK 2018 will be held at the Wrest Point hotel, Hobart from Sunday 15 April to Wednesday 18 April.
Sunday 15 April
Welcome Reception, Wrest Point
Monday 16 April
Conference Sessions, Wrest Point
Tuesday 17 April
Conference Sessions, Wrest Point
Wednesday 18 April
The call for abstracts is now open.
Abstract submission closes Thursday 30th November 2017
Final paper submitted Friday 9th March 2018
Please click on the "Presenter Portal" below to submit your abstract.
Papers may be submitted into one of the below categories:
Category 1 – Full Peer Reviewed Technical Paper
This option is for authors who wish to submit a full paper for technical peer review by two subject matter experts and publication.
The final submitted paper must adhere to strict criteria and, if accepted, will be made available in the Asset Management Body of Knowledge (AMBoK)
Category 2 – Non-Peer Reviewed Paper
This option is for authors who wish to submit a paper for presentation at the conference, but not be subject to the same review process as category 1.
These papers will be reviewed for quality and suitability but will not be subject to the same criteria as category 1. Papers promoting products and services will strictly not be accepted. Papers must address the conference themes (see below for further details) and may include case studies, new technologies or practical applications. These papers will be available on the conference app and website only.
Category 3 – Poster
This option is for authors who do not wish to do an oral presentation or have a paper that is best presented as a poster (i.e. large amounts of technical data, tables).
Posters will be available to view in the exhibition area throughout the conference. Posters will not be subject to full peer review, but will be checked for quality and suitability.
Papers promoting products and services will strictly not be accepted.
Author Attendance at the Conference
It is AM Council policy that the author must present their submission in person. If this is not possible, a substitute should be nominated and the conference organiser must be notified as soon as possible. Presentations will not be permitted unless the has been completed and met the requirements of the paper review process and presenters/authors have registered for the conference.
If a it cannot be presented at the conference it will be withdrawn from the conference program.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we are unable to waive registration fees for authors, however a substantial discount is available to presenting authors.
Prior to accessing the form below, please ensure you have available:
Author details, including a brief biography and affiliations
Theme selection (see below)
Title of abstract
Abstract (maximum of 300 words, ready to copy / paste or type in)
AMPEAK18 theme is “Asset Management – empowering sustainable change”
AMPEAK18 will consider common asset management challenges and share solutions that may be from academia, from a maintenance practitioner’s experiences, an asset management journey or from a specific industry sector. Eight sub themes have been identified under the conference theme of empowering sustainable change as follows:
Leadership and Culture
• Case studies showing how to embed an asset management culture
• Influencing without authority – how you have made asset management change from your position in the organisation. How small groups within an organisation can create change
• Leading the asset management function
Technology and innovation
• How extreme conditions such as extreme cold, hot, wet, dry climate conditions are a catalyst for innovation
• How technology and innovation provide empowerment
• Disruption driving positive change
Sustainable Asset Management Planning
• taking the long term view under short term pressure
• Renewing asset management life
• Case studies demonstrating “cradle to cradle” or “zero waste” - creating products for the circular economy
• Bringing Finance and Asset Management together
• Risk Management
Measuring sustainable impact
• What data do you need?
• How do you measure what you are doing?
• How do you navigate through the data overload to find meaningful information?
• Creating value for all stakeholders, not just shareholders
• Impact on community and economic growth
• Gaining value from sustainable asset management of natural assets e.g. water, land, air, soil
• Case studies showing value of asset management to the community and organisations
• How asset management is being used to assist in achieving targets for UN sustainable development goal 9: build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Equipping yourself and your workforce for a sustainable future
• Asset Management skills sets needed for future
• Planning for your asset management workforce
• Future of work
• Maintenance in a sustainable future
• Role of maintenance in a sustainable future
Legal aspects in asset management
• What are contractual obligations of value?
• Understanding the implication of contract clauses on assets maintainability, delivery expectations, constraints and risks
• Asking the right legal questions
ISO55001 Case Studies & Certification
• How to design a process to meet the ISO5500x system
• Using ISO5500x frameworks to embed sustainable asset management
Information available soon
Ticket to welcome reception
Three days of conference sessions
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea each conference day
Access to trade exhibition
Conference satchel and nametag
Ticket to Annual Dinner and Awards Night
All figures are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
Registration and accommodation cancellations must be in writing to the conference organiser.
Conference Registration cancellations received up to 30 days prior to the conference receive a full refund of the registration cost less $50.00 handling fee. Conference registration cancellations received between 29 and 14 days prior to the conference will receive a 50% refund of the registration cost. No refund will be given for cancellations received within 14 days of the conference and full payment will be required.
Accommodation cancellations will be subject to a minimum fee of one nights accommodation. Cancellations received within 30 days of arrival will require full payment, no refunds provided.
Registrations for the below courses can be made via the main registration form.
Workshop 1 - Thursday 19 April
Asset Management Fundamentals Course - A stepping stone to individual Certification in Asset Management
This course provides a thorough overview of both the technical and financial fundamentals of asset management. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Define asset management and its role in business
• Identify the principles that underpin asset management
• Identify available asset management tools and techniques that
• are applicable within your organisational context
• Identify opportunities for you to improve both your personal
• and organisational asset management capability
Member $880 Non Member $1,045
Workshop 2 - Friday 20 April
How to Develop a Strategic Asset Management Plan
This seminar provides a thorough overview of how to develop a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) – an essential part of any asset management system. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the needed content of your SAMP
• Apply the requirements of ISO 55000 for the development of a SAMP
• Identify the requirements for Asset Management Objectives
• Identify the requirements for an Asset Management System
• Identify the requirements for the development of Asset Management Plans (AMPs)
• See how these may be applied in practice
• Understand how to apply the key ISO55000 requirement to develop a “desired balance between cost, risk and performance” within the SAMP
• Understand how to engage non asset management people in the asset management journey defined in the SAMP
Member $880 Non Member $1,045
Welcome Reception - Sunday Evening
Networking Drinks - Conclusion of sessions on Monday
Gala Dinner - Tuesday Evening
All conference enquiries:
Tel: 03 9363 6111
All Asset Management Council enquiries:
Tel : 03 9819 2515
All conference sessions and exhibition will be held at Wrest Point, Hobart,
If you have any special requirements, please speak to the staff at the registration desk so that arrangements can be made on your behalf.
The Conference Manager and Asset Management Council will not accept liability for the damages of any nature sustained by participants or their accompanying persons for loss or damage to their personal property as a result of the conference, exhibition or related events.
Information gathered from registration and other conference forms will be used to administer the conference, including accommodation, catering and sponsorship. Data obtained will remain the property of Asset Management Council and The Conference Manager.
Intention to photograph and record
Attendees are advised that photographs and recordings of presentations may be taken during the conference and reproduced for promotional purposes.